Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Book review: Beautiful Creatures

Ok, so a friend of mine gave me this book to read and said it was really good and that I would like it... Well, I read it and here's my opinion on it: First off, the writing was pretty good, but I wouldn't say it was great. It's a duet novel, which means(if you don't already know) that two writers wrote this book together. So, for a "duet" novel it was pretty good. Second, the story line was good. I was a really great idea, and I think that this was the best thing about the book, but some of it is very cliche... and third, most of the characters were likeable. Now, on with the stuff I don't like about this book. First, like I said the characters were likeable but none of them really were my favorite and stood out.. The only one I remotely like was Macon... and that's about it. Second, this book didn't really give me a good feeling... Usually, when I read a book, I ether get  a good feeling or a bad one, but it's kinda like my mood. I guess I should say that it didn't really put me in a good mood...It didn't make me want to read the sequel..and I just had an overall bad feeling when I was reading it. Third, this was a teen book, so it was kinda dramatized a little bit, so I was kinda like "oooook! enough with the drama already!!" but (Thankfully) it didn't have any cussing in it. Woo! :D  Overall I did enjoy it but it wasn't an amazing book. I think Twilight fans would like it to an extent... but it's not about vampires. I can tell you that right now. You'll get it eventually without me giving anything away. But it kinda draws out in the beginning and the end of the book is were all the action starts... In the beginning, He's (Yes, it's all from the guys point of view)  trying to figure out what she is and how he feels about her. But in the end it gets better and there's more action... So, again, overall, good writing, action in the end, cute romance, some sarcastic humor (which I love, by the way), and likable characters make this book a pretty good read but I wouldn't suggest it to friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment