Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Book review: The Count of Monte Cristo

"Dashing young Edmond Dantès has everything. He is engaged to a beautiful woman, is about to become the captain of a ship, and is well liked by almost everyone. But his perfect life is shattered when he is framed by a jealous rival and thrown into a dark prison cell for 14 years.

The greatest tale of betrayal, adventure, and revenge ever written, The Count of Monte Cristo continues to dazzle readers with its thrilling and memorable scenes, including Dantès’s miraculous escape from prison, his amazing discovery of a vast hidden treasure, and his transformation into the mysterious and wealthy Count of Monte Cristo—a man whose astonishing thirst for vengeance is as cruel as it is just."


This is what it says on the back of the book, and it pretty much sums it up. This book was amazing! I loved it. It was very exciting and at one point my palms were sweating... For me, I didn't even notice that he was behind all the bad things that were happening to his rivals which, I'm guessing, is pretty good if your getting revenge on someone... Everything kinda go's down hill for the hero, and he ends up going to prison for stuff he didn't even do... it's a  mess. But it works out. and that's all I'm going to say about the storyline because I don't want to give anything away. The Count of Monte Cristo/Edmond Dantès  is such a cool guy, I liked his character a lot. Overall it was very exciting, page turner, suspenseful, and definitely one of my favorite books. Now, go and read it! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment