Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Teen Books

Now, I've read a lot of teen books. and my view on them is this:  I like them but to an extent.  When I go to my library, I go to the young adult section and look around till I find one that might be a good read. But most of the time I don't have any success. One, because most of them are not great story lines, Two, the writing is pretty bad and three, there's a LOT of cussing. Now, how any people enjoy reading about people cussing? Not me. Maybe the authors think that that will appeal to teens, but I'm a teen too and I doesn't appeal to me . Forth, it has a lot of drama in it. as if I don't have enough drama in my life! and my care factor is usually low... I want to read about characters that I care about, not some teens with boy problems... Now, I'm not saying that all teen books are crap. There are some really good teen books out there it just takes a little digging to find them. I usually go for Fantasy or science fiction. Here's a list of good teen books I found:  Maximum Ride series by James Patterson, The Squire Tales series by Gerald Morris, Graceling by Kristen Cashore, Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, The Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke, Wildwood Dancing and Cybele's Secret by Juliet Marilllier and Hatchet by Gary Paulsen.  All these books are excellent and I highly recommend all of them.  I do like reading adult novels. There is more detail and really good story lines. and there's no cussing. (Well, sometimes.) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment