Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

eBooks and other random things...

I've been reading a lot of eBooks lately.... I know, I know, and I've already said this, that nothing compares to actually holding a book and reading it. Reading a eBook is kinda the lazy way to read books. You don't have to go to your library and check it out, go to a bookstore and buy it, or borrow it from a friend. You just go on your computer, Google search the book and bam! You can read it.  Which is what I've been doing. Ok here's the story. Me and my family went to go have dinner at our friends house and they have their own private library. (Which is amazing, by the way!) I went to go look and see what kinda of new novels I could find. Well, I found two series of books that I now want to read and they both have at least 10 or more books in the series....Yeah, I blame them for having an awesome private library... Anyways, they didn't have the first book to the first series so I went online, downloaded it, and read it. Then, they didn't have the second one to the second series, and I want to download it.  Ok, ok ,ok, I know. I was desperate. I guess I could have gone to the public library, and got them but I was lazy and impatient. Shall I tell you what series they are? Well the first one is The Mary Russell series by Laurie R. King. The second is the Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters.  The one I most want to read right now is the Mary Russell series, and they didn't have the first one at the private library so I downloaded it and read it.  And I loved it. It was pretty amazing. Then they had the first one to the Amelia Peabody series but not the second one.... I think I'm gonna go to the public library and try to find the second one to this series because I'm tired of having to search on Google and find it. and I'm tired of eBooks. I want to hold a REAL book again instead of being hunched up over the computer reading one.

I've recently started The Iron King series through eBooks and so far they are really, really good! The are one of the best young adult I've read in a while...
I've also been listening to audiobooks a lot lately, because it's fun to read along with the person who's reading it. haha

-sigh- I really need to take a break from this reading stuff..... Once I finish a seires, I'll quit for about a week and see what happens. Cause I think by this point it's gotten pretty bad. I also want to see if anything will change when I do stop, because it seems like if I take them away and not read them, I'll just be grumpy all the time. So we'll have see. It's worth a shot.  There is quite a bit of books I'm dying to read, but I think this will be for my own good, and for the good of others. So once I read the Mary Russell series, you won't see me for a week on this blog. But I think that this will be a good thing...... I hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment