Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

I know, I know. Your sick of these kinds of blogs... I got it.

Once again, this is not a book review but it's one of those "who gives a crap" blogs so here we go. I have just acquired a bit of money and I bought a couple of things today that I really needed. Like shampoo and stuff, but all the cool things I want to get are online and it makes me want a credit card.... Man, I wish I had one. It would be so cool! And of course, I want to get a book because I mean, really, isn't what this whole blog thing is about? Book reviews, talking about books, why I read books, so naturally I would want to get a book and then want to tell you about it.  Again, I know I keep bringing her books up, but it's the next one (and the newest) in the series that I couldn't afford to get with my gift card, the Lady Julia Grey series by Deanna Raybourn. I friggn' love this series. It's amazing. You need to read it, and as soon as you can. It's one of my most favorite series of all time. And that's sayin' something.

Anyways, in case you care, I've been dog sitting for my neighbors and I just started today. It pretty easy except that I have to water their flowers AND feed their cats.... Plus visit and walk the dogs at LEAST four times a day.... All I can say is, I better be loosing a few pounds from this.... But all in all it's simple and I'm only doing it for a week and a half, so it shouldn't be too bad......... Right?

Back to books, I wish my library wasn't so lame... I can even find half the books the friend I talked about like five blogs ago, suggested to me. Everyone keeps telling me: "Oh Megan, you can request books from other library's!", but what if even they don't have what I'm looking for??? What do I do then? -sigh- I'll just have to buy more books I guess.... ; ) hehe
But I really do like getting my own books. There's something about getting them in the mail and have them actually be yours, and you don't have to worry if you get something on it, or that you haven't finished reading it. You can always ignore the stain or read the book when you want to. It's great! Plus the pages smell good when there new. : D
Hmmmm... I don't think I told you some of the strange things I do when I read a book for the first time.....
Well, when I first get it in the mail, or at the library, I smell the pages. I love the smell of the books pages. It very comforting. If it has a cool cover, I like to stare at it for a long time, and study it. Sometimes what I do when I'm reading it, I'll do research. I look up the place the book is at, and get a mental picture of what the landscape looks like. (Example: If I'm reading a book a about Yorkshire moors, I look it up on Google and get a "scope of the land".) Or how they dressed in Victorian times.... It's pretty fun. Sometimes I'll run my hand through the pages and listen to the rustle of the pages, especially if I dose off, it helps me think. So yeah I think you get the idea.... I'm pretty..... what's the word? Passionate? about my books. It's probably at the point of insanity but what the heck? Might as well enjoy it while it lasts.
If I had a whole bunch of people following me I would take a poll right about now. I would ask: "Which do you prefer, a book or a Kindle? But since nobody cares and there's not enough people to take a poll, I'll just tell you which I think is better. I think that a real book is WAY better than a Kindle in that I prefer to actually hold the book and smell it's pages than have a computer screen in front of my face. Besides, books are much, MUCH cheaper than a Kindle and don't hurt your eyes if you stare at it for too long.  But that's just me.

Anyways, I have to wake up very early tomorrow to walk the dogs so I'm gonna get as much sleep as I can. I'll talk to you guys later, and there might be a book review coming your way soon, so watch out for it. : )

P.S If you take my advice (which would be great if you did) and read the Lady Julia Grey series, please ignore some of the really bad covers.... Trust me, none of these books are the cheesy romance the covers make them out to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment