Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Books, painting, and other things you probably don't care about.

I think this is the first blog, that I'm not talking about books... I think. Except for that one a long time ago... but whatever.
Like a dumb head, I went on the Goodreads to find more books which I obviously don't need. I don't know why, I just started looking. And of course, I find a whole bunch of books. It was a bad idea to begin with. So Now instead of 96 books like the last time, I have 100 on my TBR shelf.
I went to the library recently, and got books, which I wrote about (Well.... not wrote. Technically I typed.) and I've barely even started reading them... I don't know why but recently I haven't been reading much. I think it has to do with the fact that we're redoing our room. Let me explain.
Well, me and my sister share a room because our house is small. We also have an extra sister too. It was still the same from when we were little. It was light blue, with clouds. Yesterday and today, we painted the walls a light purple gray color. It's really pretty. What my Mom did was she sketched a tree with pencil on the wall, and then painted over it. It looks really cool. It looks better than something you would get from a stencil.
Anyway, it's long over due that we paint it. So now it looks really cool and grown up. Not some little girls room with me (15) and my sister (13) living in it.

So I think that's it for the personal stuff. Now I have a request for all of you who have a book blog. I really want to know if you have any book suggestions for me based on what I've been reading. I'm trying to look for new books despite my towering TBR shelf. It's really hard to find a book, that is really good these days. Or I have found that it is... I like a lot of stuff. I'm just not a big fan of Young Adult books. I don't know why, but they don't appeal to me as much as other books do. I follow a lot of people that read mainly YA books, but I want to find other books that are really good and will keep my attention. So, if you have any suggestions, please let me know, and I'll check them out. :-)

Anyway, I think that's it. Happy reading!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Sounds like your room looks awesome! I've always wanted to stencil something on my wall but I've never gotten a chance to.

I know you said you're not a fan of YA but I'd suggest the River of Time Series by Lisa Bergren. They're so good! Maybe you'll end up liking them :)

Oh and I wanted to let you know that I changed the URL of my blog. I lost all my followers too :( if you still wanna follow my blog here's the link - http://abooklovingirl.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check it out. I shouldn't have asked for suggestions when I had such a full TBR shelf... haha

Yeah, I'd love to follow you back. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Caressa (Bookish) said...

I also have a suggestion to share, :p, unfortunately it's also YA. I really enjoyed the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld; you may want to check it out. XP
-C

Post a Comment