Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Musing Mondays (November 21)

Hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading
How do you decide to read a book by an author you haven’t read before? What sort of recommendations count most highly in making that decision?






 I find most of my new authors on Goodreads. Sometimes I'll look at the suggestions on the side of the page when I'm looking at a book I've already read. Also, and I hate to admit it, but I do look at the covers sometimes. Like if I'm at a bookstore, I automatically go to the books that have pretty covers. I'm sad to say it. Also, if I hear that it's a good book, I'll go and check it out.

Most times, I'll read anything if it's recommended to me. I always try to keep an open mind. But most times I go by two things. 1: I have to care about the characters and the story. If I don't care about the story, I'll never read it. Sometimes I do that with young adult books. It's simply a matter of how much I care. If I don't care I'm not going to keep reading. Give me a reason to like the characters and I'll read it. And 2: There has to be at least some kind of romance in it. I'm a sucker for romance. It can be a lot of romance or just a little bit, but it's got to have something.

Like I said, most times I keep an open mind. I'm also a mood reader too. If it sounds good at the moment, I look at reviews and then decide if I want to read it or not.
I usually go by book reviews. If I think the reviews on it are good, I'll try it out and see if I like it. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment