Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Musing Mondays (December 12)

Hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading
Like an idiot, I forgot about Musing Monday. So this post is a little late but whatever. This week's question was really good, so lets start!

This week's musing is taken from an old "Booking Through Tuesday" post:

I once knew a man who read about WWII. He read everything he could get his hands on on the subject. He had a whole wall of books that were all about WWII. It amazed me. How could he continue to find one subject that engrossing? My mother, on the other hand, loves to read best sellers. I’ve known other people who read science fiction to the exclusion of everything else; for others it was philosophy, self-help, or history.
So, to the questions…
What kind of books do you like to read?
Why? Provide specific examples.
 Before I say anything, I love the picture for today's Musing Monday. It's so pretty! :D

I love all kinds of books. If you say it's good, it doesn't matter what genre it is, I will read it. Simply because I love books. But I do have my favorites. I love fantasy, romance, and mystery. I also love a book that is action packed but still humorous. Here's some examples:

Fantasy: The best example of a great fantasy book is "Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss. (Here's the Goodreads page.) He wrote it so beautifully, that it was hard to put down. When you think of fantasy, you think of dragons and knights in shining armor, but this book is not about that. Now, I'm not saying I don't love those kind of books, but what I liked most about this book was the fact that it was a whole new take on the fantasy genre. Check it out!
    Romance: The thing about romance is there is all different kinds but the key is to find the right one; the one that fits you and what you like to read. Romance can be cheesy, and sometimes it isn't clean, but it depends on what your tastes are.
    I have two favorites but one of them is not exactly romance. Lynn Kurland is one of my favorite romance authors. Some of her books can be repetitive, but I love them. Also Juliet Marillier is a great romance writer, but she doesn't excatly write romance. Her books are fantasy, romance and historical fiction all in one. Her books are amazing. (Read their Goodreads pages here and here.)

    Mystery: This example is an easy one. My favorite mystery books are the Lady Julia Grey novels. I absolutely love everything about these books. Deanna Raybourn is an awesome writer, and I can't wait for her new stand alone novel to come out.  :D (Goodreads page here.)

    An example of action packed books that are humorous is the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson.  I love these books. These bird kids kick some butt. It's great. hehe (Goodreads page here.)

    Anyway that answers it. What a great question... :)

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment