Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Updates, and my thoughts on "The Dark Enquiry" by Deanna Raybourn

I didn't want to do a whole review on "The Dark Enquiry" because I had already done a series review on the series. So I'm just gonna tell you what I thought about it, and give you some other updates too.  (You can read my series review here. In fact, I encourage you to. You'll understand the blog a whole lot better.)

Ok, so I thought that "The Dark Enquiry" was amazing! I'm not gonna go into the plot because it would give away spoilers and, as you know, I hate doing that. I had a lot of doubts because sometimes the more the author writes, the more they get bored with the series and it gets worse and worse. But as I started reading it, it grabbed my attention and I couldn't stop reading. I wanted to savor it and not read it all in one sitting, so I had to distract myself and do other activity's so that I didn't read it all. I ending up only prolonging it to two days.... but hey. It's better than nothing. At first it's kinda slow, but as it got more into the story it was hard to stop. The end is the best part. I was so surprised that I almost started crying.... I compare it to someone hiding in a corner trying to scare you, and you jump like three feet in the air and you scream. That's kinda what it felt like... It was so unexpected. You really didn't see it coming. I also like the fact that she makes you think that one person is the murderer, and then it's someone else you don't expect. The ending is sad too.... it almost made my cry. (Which is nothing new for me. Anyone that knows me well, knows I cry at everything. I always cry, not matter if I'm happy or sad or angry. Fun fact.) I like how Julia and Nicholas, eventually come together and settle their differences in this book. They are more of a team. I was getting sick of Julia trying to worm her way into Brisbane's work and him trying to stop her from doing so. In this book, they forget that and work together. It's about time.... I also like how we get to learn more about Brisbane's past, which is always exciting.  But just as I thought, she had a cliffhanger ending. Somehow I just knew it. I was very, very mad. and that's an understatement. I was ready to throw the book out the window.... I'm not joking.
Overall, I loved this book and cannot wait till the next one comes out. If you have never read this series before, you need to. It's one of the best series I've read in a long time. For more info here's Deanna Raybourn's site: http://www.deannaraybourn.com/

Ok so that's what I thought about the book, now here are some updates. I finally finished "The Mummy Case" by Elizabeth Peters. I thought it was a good book. I wouldn't say that the mystery aspect of it was all that great, but it was very funny. I was laughing with tears in my eyes at one point. She throws in a lot of humor in it that you don't expect. A pretty good read.

Now another update is that I also finished "The Gift Of Christmas Past" by Lynn Kurland. It's part of a book that has all of Lynn Kurland's short stories in it. That book was good as well. Next I'm going to read the next one in the de Piaget series, "One Enchanted Evening". I know, I know, I know. It sounds cheesy but like I always say.... It is a romance novel after all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment